The Chemical industry produces thousands of tons of diluted inorganic waste acids containing inorganic and organic impurities. These acid waste streams are often neutralized prior to transfer to wastewater treatment facilities. However, rising operating costs in difficult economic times create the need to recover the acid for further use. Stricter environmental regulations globally also mandate recovery of acid rather than waste treatment.
GMM Pfaudler offers Acid Concentration plants with process technology and complete range of Engineering services provided by Pfaudler Normag Systems, Germany, active in the field of acid treatment and all related services since decades. Our highly experienced team of Process Developers, Project Manager and Experts of all related disciplines evaluate the most appropriate process technology for the given application. The offered plant is based on the latest state of technical knowledge and all plant units are optimized with respect to investment costs and minium oprating cost of the plant. The scope of supply is proven to be suitable in regards to safety and operability.
Our capabilities expand across the globe, designing and engineering plants for the following Acid recovery processes:
- Spent Acids
- Nitric Acid
- Sulfuric Acid
- Organic Acids
- Hydrochloric Acid
- NOx Absorption
- Post treatment of Waste Water and Waste Gas streams
- Double Tube Sheet
Our Acid Concentration System Features:
Extensive experience in corrosion-resistant equipment and system design.
- Invented glass-lined steel in 1884
- First to fabricate with Zirconium in 1938 and Tantalum in 1946
- Pioneered use of fluoropolymers for process systems in 1964
- Gravity flow integrated into design to minimize rotating equipment, operating costs, and maintenance costs and to increase system on-line time.
- Efficient designs allow for compact system designs which provide capital cost savings, reduce required plant space and minimize operational acid volumes to maximize protection of personnel, property and the environment.
Laboratoty test facility allows for proof of concept/performance, optimization of design and data collection for commercial-scale system design.
Emission control systems provided as an option to control orgainics, NOx and emissions when plant pollution control systems do not exist or are not designed for the additional load.
Utility systems designed and provided for plants where existing utilities are insufficient to service the Acid Concentration System.
Control systems are included to provide for safe, reliable operation.