Mavag Filtration & Drying
The Spherical Dryer is a multi-purpose dryer used for drying Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API’s) and Fine Chemicals in compliance with cGMP and FDA guidelines.
Mavasphere® ensures excellent drying performance over a wide range of filling capacities with a good turndown ratio.
Key Features and Advantages
- Minimal clearance between the vessel wall and agitator for efficient and uniform drying
- Whole vessel covered by jacket for better heat transfer
- Wide range of filling capacities with a good turndown ratio
- Minimal product hold-up for easy cleaning and validation
- Eccentrically top mounted agitator for uniform mixing and gentle product drying
- Discharge at lowest point for complete product discharge
- Compact system with lower footprint
- Chopper for very effective lump breaking and sticky products
Stainless Steel, Hastelloy, and Special Alloys.
Shaft Sealing Design
- Interseal Dry9000® shaft sealing system
- Gas lubricated double mechanical seal installed outside of the product zone
- Hollow heated, rotating 3-blade agitator with minimal clearance between agitator blade and vessel wall.
- Spherical disc valve for quick opening and discharge of dried product with no dead volume.
- Lump Breaker, Dust Filter, and Sampling System.
- Vessel flange with bayonet type, quick-closing design with hydraulic hinge for easy opening of lower vessel half, allowing for simple inspection and maintenance
- Automation Systems
- Temperature control units (TCU)
- Vacuum and solvent recovery units
- Powder handling / Pack-off systems
Pilot dryers are available for on-site tests, so clients can gain experience with advanced equipment while gathering reliable scale-up and process data.