Pfaudler - Glass-Lined & Alloy Systems
Why glass-lined instruments?
The purpose of glass-lined equipment is, amongst others, the handling of highly corrosive media in glass-lined vessels or reactors. Tasks of the instruments in these processes include:
- Reaction behaviour: acquisition of physical and chemical data in on- line operation.
- Safety: indicator for the safety of running processes or of the condition of the chemical equipment itself.
Therefore, reactions in a corrosive environment must be controlled through instruments with the same corrosion-resistance as vessels.
Scope of Pfaudler glass-lined instruments:
Two types of glass-lined probes:
- Physical measures: temperature, liquid level, phase separation, corrosion monitoring
- Liquid analysis measures: pH/ rH/ ORP (Oxidation/ reduction potential), conductivity
- High chemical & mechanical stability
- Product off-putting surfaces
- Electrically neutral behaviour
- No catalytic or biological influence on the product