Wiped Film Evaporator Systems
GMM Pfaudler Systems engineers design and supply EQUILLOY brand Wiped Film Evaporators (WFEs) as part of a complete system.
For optimal performance, they will address all design aspects, from utility flow requirements to complete vacuum system integration.
Our focus is on providing the most efficient and reliable overall system to achieve optimal performance from your WFE.
Critical Process Design
There are many aspects to a complete WFE process system, including pre-heating, degassing, de-volatilization, vacuum, utilities, and product and waste handling. Pfaudler’s process engineers design all critical processes surrounding the WFE, in order to ensure that the entire system is completely integrated. This includes:
- Feed flow control
- Preheating, while preventing degradation and fouling
- Degassing to minimize load on the vacuum system
- WFE design for optimum separation, yield, and purity
- Product cooling to prevent degradation
- Jacket flow rate and temperature control to maximize heat transfer
- Condenser flow rate and temperature control
- High-quality components for minimal maintenance and long life
- Proper system layouts for performance and ease of maintenance
Benefits of Modular Designs
Pfaudler provides WFE systems as completely assembled process modules.
This approach provides a number of benefits, including:
- Overall system design expertise for properly functioning systems
- Firm, fixed price, eliminating costly project over-runs
- Single source responsibility for proper system integration and project execution
- Shop quality construction
- Shortened project schedule with efficient shop labor
- Reduced overall project costs
- Compact design to conserve valuable real estate
Vacuum System Design
An adequate and steady vacuum supply is critical for properly operating a WFE. There are a number of factors to consider when selecting the correct vacuum system, including corrosion resistance, product melting points, and the potential polymerization of the product. You can count on Pfaudler for its extensive experience, which encompasses virtually all types of vacuum equipment.