Co-Axial & Multishaft Agitators
Mixion - Mixing Technology
Industrial Coaxial Agitators often referred to as Twin-shaft Disperser (TSD) in the paint industry, consist of a peripheral anchor with scraper impeller operating at low speed and a high-speed Saw Tooth / MCD Cowl Disc impeller both installed on a common shaft. The high-speed cowl disc disperses the solids within the mass and the anchor agitator (with a scraper) assures good transfer of heat while preventing material from sticking to the walls. In the Ink industry, these agitators are installed in Pre-Mix tanks (PMT)
Material of Construction: Carbon Steel | Stainless Steel
Applications: Paints, Resins & Inks, Adhesives
|Motor Rating (kW)||Shaft Diameter (mm)||Operating Pressure||Operating PressureShaft Length|
|5.5 - 180||75 - 300||Atm||Upto 3m|
The high-speed saw tooth/cowl disc impeller imparts shear forces to the solids to create a uniform dispersion, eliminate agglomeration and reduce the particle size. The low-speed, peripheral anchor blade, generates the required bulk motion feeding the fluid towards the central dispersion zone. The scraper ensures a clean sweep of the vessel wall, often prone to solid deposition.
Change shaft length up to 5 m in the above table Multi-shaft industrial mixers are widely preferred due to their ability to handle highly viscous fluids, liquid-solid dispersion, and blending.
Our Expertise in Industrial Coaxial Agitators
- The compact and robust design eliminates excessive vibrations
- Can offer dual processes in a single mixing system
- Pneumatic / Hydraulic Lifting arrangement of the drive and agitator is available as an optional feature
- Various cowl disc and scraper options are offered to suit the nature of process fluid
- Mixing vessel to optimize vessel scraping with controlled ovality can be supplied